Yousif Almutawa is the Chief Information Officer of DP World
Yousif Almutawa is the Chief Information Officer of DP World, Accelerator Program Director of TURN8, former VP of Du and also worked in the IT Management team for Dubai eGovernment.
Yousif Almutawa is the Chief Information Officer of DP World, responsible for all Information Systems and Information Technology management.
Prior to joining DP World, Mr Almutawa worked for du, a telecommunications service provider in the UAE, as Vice President for Fixed Access Network Implementation. He played a key role in the buildup and formation of Du’s telecom infrastructure.
Mr Almutawa also spearheaded the Programme Management Office for the Telecom Department at Dubai Internet City, which later became part of du. As a telecoms professional, he was responsible for the rollout of next generation networks for new real estate developments across Dubai. His function included streamlining overall projects and programmes within the organisation at its early startup stage.
He has also worked and successfully contributed his expertise as a member of the IT Management team for Dubai eGovernment during its startup phase.
Mr Almutawa holds a BSc in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from California State University, Sacramento, USA. His past roles also include an eBusiness Consultant, a Systems Integrator and an Internet professional for various companies in California.
About DP World
DP World has a portfolio of more than 65 marine terminals across six continents(1), including new developments underway in India, Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
Container handling is the company’s core business and generates more than three quarters of its revenue. In 2013, DP World handled 55 million TEU (twenty-foot equivalent container units). With its committed pipeline of developments and expansions, capacity is expected to rise to more than 100 million TEU by 2020, in line with market demand.
DP World has a dedicated, experienced and professional team of around 30,000 people serving its customers around the world, and the company constantly invests in terminal infrastructure, facilities and people to provide quality services today and tomorrow, when and where customers need them.
In taking this customer-centric approach, DP World is building on the established relationships and superior level of service demonstrated at its flagship Jebel Ali facility in Dubai, which has been voted “Best Seaport in the Middle East” for 20 consecutive years.
TURN8 is a seed accelerator program organized by DP World and powered by Innovation 360. The program is designed to encourage innovative entrepreneurship worldwide, starting with Dubai. TURN8 seeks ingenious ideas that can be refined and brought to market through a 120-day seed accelerator. Visit https://turn8.co.
- What’s your background, how did you start in the Technology and Telecommunication section?
- Where did you study?
- What was your main contribution in Dubai E Government and what’s Dubai E Government?
- Whats TECOM, its services and what was your main achievement their?
- What was your main role in forming Du?
- What’s Fixed Access Network Implementation?
- Why Du was struggling at the beginning of its forming in terms of quality of service and how do you think its doing now?
- Is your mobile is Du or Etisalat?
- Why you decided to join DP World?
- What are the main companies under the flag of DP World and why DP world get involve in many different companies that has nothing to do with its main sector?
- How DP world moved from Local port operator to Regional port operator then Global port operator, take us through the journey briefly?
- Why DP World decided to support the startups echo system?
- I360acccelerator Vs. Turn8 Vs. The Cribb?
- How the journey of Turn8 started?
- How Turn8 works?
- How much Turn8 initiative is costing the DP world per year? And when you think it will be profitable?
- Is DP world intention is to continue this program even if its not profitable?
- Tell us more about your other projects that you are currently working on or planning for the future?
- Share with us some of the tools or software that make you more efficient?
- What’s your daily life and work routine looks like?
- What are your other hobbies?
- Who are your top 3 mentors?
- The most important factors for success in 3 words?
- What’s the biggest failure moment in your life and what did you learn from it?
- What are the Top 3 apps that you use on your smart phone?
- What are the habits that you are trying to develop to stay efficient?
- What’s the best advice that you ever received?
- If you have the chance, what would you say to advice your younger self?
- What are your top 3 favorite books?
- What are the top 3 people that you are inspired by?
- What makes you really happy?
- How people can contact you?