Best-Selling Author, and the founder of the Performance-based Hiring System
Lou Adler is the CEO of The Adler Group, Best-Selling Author, and the founder of the Performance-based Hiring System
Lou Adler is the CEO and founder of The Adler Group – a training and search firm helping companies implement Performance-based Hiring℠. Adler is the author of the Amazon top-10 best-seller, Hire With Your Head (John Wiley & Sons, 3rd Edition, 2007). His most recent book has just been published, The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired (Workbench, 2013). He is also the author of the award-winning Nightingale-Conant audio program, Talent Rules! Using Performance-based Hiring to Build Great Teams (2007). Adler holds an MBA from the University of California in Los Angeles and a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Clarkson University in New York.
Lou is the CEO and founder of The Adler Group – a consulting and training firm helping companies implement the Performance-based Hiring℠ system for finding and hiring exceptional talent. More than 20,000 recruiters and hiring managers have attended his ground-breaking workshops over the past 20 years.
Lou is the author of the Amazon top-10 best-seller, Hire With Your Head (John Wiley & Sons, 3rd Edition, 2007) and The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired (Workbench Media, 2013). Lou has been featured on Fox News and his articles and posts can be found on Inc. Magazine, BusinessInsider, Bloomberg and The Wall Street Journal.
Prior to his executive search experience. Lou held senior operations and financial management positions at the Allen Group and at Rockwell International’s automotive and consumer electronics groups. He holds an MBA from UCLA and a BS Engineering from Clarkson University.
Innovative sourcing and recruitment strategy development. Lead “Raising the Talent Bar” search projects using Performance-based Hiring. Training firm using performance-based hiring to train recruiters and hiring managers to find and hire “A” level talent. Clients include Intel, LinkedIn, Kimball, McKinsey, Disney, ESPN, Ohio State University, Randstad, James Hardie, Innova Systems, General Dynamics, and Vistage and YPO companies around the world.
- What’s your background before The Adler Group?
- Why after finishing your undergraduate degree in Engineering you decided to do an MBA in finance and economics?
- Ok, engineering, finance, and economics then why you decided to focus on HR?
- What’s the greatest hiring tool in the world that you have developed for PowerHiring.com and why lost a lot of money in this venture?
- How the Performance-based Hiring works?
- Can you please explain in depth the 4 phases of performance-based hiring?
- What are The Four Basic Work Types?
- What are the Four BEST Personality Types?
- How to increase job satisfaction level?
- Why you should never apply through HR, and the only reason why you should?
- Why 30-minute serial interviews will prevent you from ever hiring the right person?
- Why do you want to be underpaid?
- How to ask and answer every important interview question?
- How to Develop the Right Talent Acquisition Strategy?
- How to find and hire more top people faster?
- How to negotiate offers without giving away the farm?
- What are the five things all top recruiters do on every search?
- What are the other metrics that the employee should consider in any company besides the salary?
- How to convert cold passive candidates into hot leads?
- What are the main sourcing channels that work nowadays and how to use them efficiently?
- What is The 8-step Performance-based Interview?
- What are the two core interview questions used in your system?
- How to write a clear job description efficiently?
- How much percentage wise, we will know about the candidate from the interview vs. from the CV?
- How to use LinkedIn efficiently and put it on Steroids?
- How to Build an Indescribable Company Culture?
- How to Become a Certified Performance-based Hiring Recruiter and how much it cost?
- What kind of Certifications do you offer the people who participate in your program?
- How much is the cost of the online and offline programs?
- How much do you charge for 1 on 12 coaching?
- Tell us more about your other projects that you are currently working on or planning for the future?
- Share with us some of the tools or software that make you more efficient?
- What’s your daily life and work routine looks like?
- What’s one marketing strategy that helped you the most in developing your business?
- What are your other hobbies?
- Who are your top 3 mentors?
- What do you do to change your mood when you are depressed?
- What’s the best advice that you ever received?
- If you have the chance, what would you say to advise your younger self?
- What are your top 3 favorite books?
- What are the top 3 people that you are inspired by?
- What makes you really happy?
- How can people contact you?