Owner of FreeeUp and Help Online Businesses, Agencies and E-Commerce Companies Get Fast Access to Top Freelancers
Nathan Hirsch is the Founder and CEO of FreeeUp, a marketplace connecting business owners with the top 1% of freelancers in eCommerce, digital marketing, web development, and much more.
He built FreeeUp to address his frustrations. FreeeUp receives hundreds of freelancer applicants each week to join the marketplace. They interview and vet them, take the top 1% (based on skill, attitude and communication), and make them available to their clients quickly whenever they need them. On the backend, they have 24/7 support to make sure people have a good experience. Lastly, they have a no turnover guarantee covering replacement costs if the freelancer ever quits. They have been growing rapidly since they started three years ago and work with thousands of business all over the world.
In 2006, Nathan founded his first online venture out of his college dorm room, selling and buying student textbooks. He rapidly scaled his e-commerce business, bootstrapping from a $20 student – cause initiative to a multi-million dollar e-tailer clocking in revenues in excess of $30 million on Amazon across a 6 year period while serving over 10,000 customers.
He have never had a “real job” besides being a high-school Intern at Aaron’s Inc, a large retailer headquartered out of Atlanta, GA and later with Firestone Corporation in 2006 where he successfully handled a whole suite of critical deliverables from exceeding sales targets, leading the District Credit Card Sales process and managing critical customer touch points. The intensive Customer Service Training at Firestone inspired me to incorporate key elements into both Portlight and FreeeUp.
Honesty, integrity, ethics and superlative customer experience have always been the four professional cornerstones of his success.
- What’s your story before the outsourcing world?
- Tell me more about Portlight?
- How did you start in the outsourcing world?
- What do you advise business owners and entrepreneurs to outsource successfully?
- Why outsource if some offline staff cost the same in some countries?
- Tell us more about FreeeUp?
- What is the focus of your outsourcing services that you provide in FreeeUp?
- How FreeeUp works?
- Is there’s a backup or replacement for the employee that I outsource to in case he or she quits?
- Where the staff is based? Do you have control over them?
- How much a VA costs per hour or month as full time?
- What’s makes it different from upwork or fiverr?
- What are the main challenging in the outsourcing industry from your perspective as an owner of an outsourcing company and from the clients perspective?
- Share with us some of the tools or software that make you more efficient?
- What’s your daily life and work routine looks like?
- What’s one marketing strategy that helped you the most in developing your business or in converting more clients?
- What are your other hobbies?
- Which mentor helped you the most in your business?
- If you are just starting today in your field, from where you will start and what are you going to focus on to be more successful?
- What’s the biggest failure moment in your business or life and what did you learn from it?
- What are the habits that you are trying to develop to stay efficient?
- What’s the best advice that you ever received?
- What are your top 3 favorite books?
- What are the top 3 people that you are inspired by?
- What makes you fulfilled?
- How can people contact you?