An expert in SEO, Content Marketing and the Founder of Ardor SEO
“My name is Kris Reid. I am a Software Engineer, originally from Brisbane where I graduated from the Queensland University of Technology (A university for the real world).
I was backpacking around the world a few years ago and because of my love for software development, I built an online game. As the completion day came near for the game I made, I thought that I should learn how to market if anyone else is ever going to play with it. So, I started studying how Google works and learned about Search Engine Optimisation. I quickly discovered how important backlinks are – not just any backlinks, but only quality backlinks with relevant and compelling content on powerful industry-specific websites.
Then, I set out to build the perfect service to provide just that – high-quality backlinks with compelling content on industry-specific websites.
Fast forward a few years later, I now have a permanent office based here in Davao City, Philippines. It’s a quiet beach-side city that gives me access to virtually-unlimited skilled writers, editors, and content marketers to provide essentially limitless amounts of super high-quality powerful backlinks.”
Ardor was founded by Kris Reid, an Australian entrepreneur with a degree in Software Engineering from Queensland University of Technology.
After obtaining his degree in 2006, Kris decided to scratch his itchy feet by heading off to London. During his time in London, Dublin and Brussels, Kris worked under contract with Euroclear, Visa Europe and Sony Research & Development.
These development positions were ideal for Kris to become battle hardened in the real world of software engineering, finance, commerce and contracting.
The global financial crisis hit Europe very hard so Kris headed back to Australia where he developed an online game called Mob Warrior. Having completed the game, the one thing which all site owners need to face is how to get people to find the site and sign up to play it.
“This is when I first began to learn about SEO, meta data, title tags, content, keywords and links” says Kris.
He went on to explain: “Links were my initial focus, they fascinated me. Google rely quite a lot on links to indicate which site has more authority than another. Of course links are not the only thing Google relies on but regardless of fashion and what some experts claim, links are just as important now as they ever were”
With that in mind Kris built a linking service which is still a mainstay of Ardor SEO. The business began to grow as more and more clients came onboard.
To accommodate the growth and to keep the competitive edge which Ardor enjoys, Kris moved to Davao city, Philippines in January 2013.
He opened an office and moved the staff who had been working from home into the office.
The next big addition to Ardor was content, so Ardor Content was born with an army of English speaking writers and editors. Kris invented a unique user rating system to ensure only top quality writers remained on the team. This has ensured great content is the standard. Software engineers and managers were added to stabilize the growth and to maintain the high standards while the company grew at a phenomenal rate.
Next stop was Phnom Penh, Cambodia where Ardor opened another office in order to gain better access to expats in South East Asia. More management was added as well as a sales team, accountant, social media experts and more content and graphics staff. Now that the company has been fleshed out with professionals in all the key areas and has a proven track record of getting results it was time to consolidate all aspects under one banner, one site.
Ardor SEO provides professional services in Reputation engineering, Authority marketing, SEO, Social media response and outsourced first response services.
Websites & Social Media Links
- What’s your background and how did you start in the online world?
- Why you decided to focus on SEO?
- What’s currently working in terms of Off Page SEO?
- Is backlinks still working, if yes then how?
- How your back-linking service works and how the clients can make sure that they will not get a google penalty in the future?
- What’s really matter in terms of On Page SEO?
- How to Rank in Google with a Long-Tail Keyword Right Now?
- Is transcription is good for SEO? If yes then why still quality blog posts of 500 words beats a transcription of 10000 words on the same subject? Then why bother with the transcription?
- Good SEO Company from Bad SEO Company?
- How your content creation service works and how much it costs?
- What’s reputation engineering?
- What’s Ardor Secure?
- Tell us more about your other projects that you are currently working on or planning for the future?
- Share with us some of the tools or software that make you more efficient?
- What’s your daily life and work routine looks like?
- What’s one marketing strategy that helped you the most in developing your business?
- What are your other hobbies?
- Who are your top 3 mentors?
- If you are just starting today in your field, from where you will start and what are you going to focus on to be more successful?
- The most important factors for success in 3 words?
- What are the Top 3 apps that you use on your smart phone?
- What do you do to change your mood when you are depressed?
- What’s the best advice that you ever received?
- If you have the chance, what would you say to advice your younger self?
- What are your top 3 favorite books?
- What are the top 3 people that you are inspired by?
- What makes you really happy?
- How people can contact you?