Evo Terra is a Traveller, Digital Strategist, Disrupter and Author.
He’s an Expert in Startups, Media, Book Publishing and Digital Marketing
Evo Terra (born June 10, 1968) is the pseudonym for Travis Unwin, an American podcaster, author, radio broadcaster, and businessman currently based in Bangkok, Thailand.[ Terra is known as the author of Podcasting For Dummies, originator of The Beer Diet, a travel blogger, and an early pioneer in podcasting
Evo Terra began his audio content career as a member of the team that produced and presented an internet-based radio show in 2002. The format focused on interviews of notable authors, including interviews with Arthur C. Clarke, Boris Vallejo, and Piers Anthony. The show moved to terrestrial radio and then to satellite syndication in 2003. As one of the earliest popularizers of podcasting, Terra’s first podcast episode appeared on the Podcast Alley directory on October 14, 2004, and was only the fortieth podcast produced as of that date. Slice of Scifi received the Top Rated Podcast Award in 2005 and the 2008 Parsec Award for Best Speculative Fiction News Podcast.
In 2006 Terra was one of the co-founders of Podiobooks.com, a website that uses podcasting technology to help authors distribute serialized versions of audiobooks from various genres. In 2011, Terra founded ePublish Unum, a company that provided educational services for independent authors until September 2014. Terra has also been a panelist in the podcasting track at Dragon Con in Atlanta, Georgia.[ and delivered the keynote address at the Podcast Movement conference in Dallas, Texas in 2014.
- You worked in many different industries, like podcasting, digital media, publishing, radio, and many others, tell us more about your background?
- Do you like more the radio and podcasting industry or startups or the publishing industry and why?
- In 2014 why you decided to quit your position as VP in Media and Innovation at Sitewire and other ventures? Why?
- What’s the The Opportunistic Travelers? And what’s its mission?
- Did you really sell all your properties and stuff to pursue the The Opportunistic Travelers?
- How the concept of making money from donations works? And where you have used it?
- How did you become an author for the “for Dummies” series, you pitched them or they pitched you for this opportunity?
- How the system works with the Dummies series, you have to read their books to see their style and then write based on them or you just write and they edit it to fit their system?
- What do you think of the podcasting industry currently? Don’t you think its too crowded and again the marketers are ruining the podcasting industry?
- How to make money as podcaster and what’s your advise for the newbies podcasters?
- Why google+ matters while still is not really used intensively as facebook and twitter? Who’s mainly using google+?
- How to make a killer google+ profiles?
- What did you learn the most from the experience of being a radio personality?
- Which social media platform you like the most and why?
- How to distribute a radio show or podcast to radio satellite?
- What’s podiobooks and how it works?
- Why all the books are free, is podiobooks making money and how?
- Why are authors making these versions available for free? And are they really quality books?
- How to write a proper sales and marketing copy for a book?
- Publishing or self publishing if you have both choices, which one to pick and why?
- How do you write efficiently? What’s your routine?
- How much do you charge for 1 on 1 coaching?
- What’s the beer and sausage diet, how it works and is it really healthy? And how did you come up with it? How many people have tried it?
- Tell us more about your other projects that you are currently working on or planning for the future?
- Share with us some of the tools or software that make you more efficient?
- What’s your daily life and work routine looks like?
- Which company, product or service made you most of your money?
- What’s one marketing strategy that helped you the most in developing your business?
- What are your other hobbies?
- Who are your top 3 mentors?
- If you are just starting today in your field, from where you will start and what are you going to focus on to be more successful?
- The most important factors for success in 3 words?
- What’s the biggest failure moment in your life and what did you learn from it?
- What are the Top 3 apps that you use on your smart phone?
- What are the habits that you are trying to develop to stay efficient?
- What do you do to change your mood when you are depressed?
- What’s the best advice that you ever received?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- If you have the chance, what would you say to advice your younger self?
- What are your top 3 favorite books?
- What are the top 3 people that you are inspired by?
- Do you listen to any music when you work?
- Do you follow any routine to sleep?
- What makes you really happy?
- Is there’s any other question that I didn’t ask you and you wanted to talk about?
- Do you have any notes or suggestions to improve Be Efficient Tv?
- How people can contact you?