Gini Graham Scott
Author of 70+ Books, Screenplay Writer, Speaker & Consultant
Gini Graham Scott is an American author, songwriter, and game developer. She is also consultant specializing in business and work relationships, conflict resolution, creativity, social issues, and criminal justice.
Scott received a Ph.D. in Sociology from the University of California in Berkeley in 1976, a J.D. from the University of San Francisco Law School in 1990, AA degrees from Merritt College in Anthropology, Social Sciences and Police Sciences in May 2001, and M.A.s in Anthropology and Mass Communications at California State University, East Bay.
She has published over 40 books on diverse subjects. She has received national media exposure for her books (including appearances on Good Morning America, Oprah, Montel Williams, CNN, and the O’Reilly Factor). She is founder and director of Changemakers Publishing, Screenworks, Songworks, and Creative Communications & Research. She hosted a weekly radio talk show series, Changemakers, featuring interviews on various topics, which aired from 1991 to 1993 to 1 million listeners in over 70 countries. She has taught classes at several colleges, including Woodbury University, Notre Dame de Namur University, and the Investigative Career Program in San Francisco.
Scott has developed over two dozen games with major game companies, including Hasbro, Pressman, and Mag-Nif. She licensed Glasnost: The Game of Soviet-American Peace and Diplomacy to John N. Hansen (1988), which received a 1989 International Clio for packaging. She was a spokesperson for Nintendo’s Tetris II game in 1994, and licensed two games to Briarpatch for introduction at the American Toy Fair show in October 2006.
GINI GRAHAM SCOTT, Ph.D., J.D., is a nationally known writer, consultant, speaker, and seminar leader, specializing in business and work relationships, professional and personal development, social trends, popular culture, and lifestyles. She has published over 50 books on diverse subjects, and is a Huffington Post regular columnist, commenting on social trends, new technology, business, and everyday life. Her websites include www.ginigrahamscott.com and www.changemakerspublishingandwriting.com.
She is the founder of Changemakers Publishing, which features books on self-help, work, business, psychology, and social trends. She has published over 40 POD and E-Books, and has licensed several dozen books for foreign sales, including the UK, Russia, Korea, Spain, and Japan. She is the Director of Publishers Agents and Films (www.publishersagentsandfilms.com) which connects writers and filmmakers to publishers, agents, and the film industry.
She has received national media exposure for her books, including appearances on Good Morning America, Oprah, Montel Williams, and CNN. She has been the producer and host of a talk show series, CHANGEMAKERS, featuring interviews on social trends.
• Who’s Gini Graham Scott, what’s your background?
• How did you decide to become an author?
• How did you get involved in songwriting, game & toy design?
• What subjects your books are focused on?
• Why most of your books are short? Why you think this strategy is more effective?
• How to turn blog posts into books?
• Do you consider yourself more of a fiction or a non-fiction author?
• How to create a The Vision Board Book?
• What are the other effective ways to make money with books?
• How to get more reviews on amazon?
• How to get more PR exposure for a book?
• Which books are harder to write, fiction or non-fiction and why?
• What’s the process that you use to write your books?
• Politics, emails, fiction, dogs, success, others, why?
• What are the things that you do when you are on a Long Trip, Waiting Around, or Just Plain Bored?
• How to find and work with a good ghostwriter and do you ghostwrite?
• Traditional Publishing Vs. Self Publishing, which path to pick?
• How to promote yourself or company to the media?
• How many team members are working with you currently online or offline?
• How much do you charge for 1on1 coaching and do you have a mastermind?
• Tell us more about your other projects that you are currently working on or planning for the future?
• What’s your daily life and work routine looks like?
• What’s one marketing strategy that helped you the most in developing your business?
• What are your other hobbies?
• Who are your top 3 mentors?
• The most important factors for success in 3 words?
• What’s the biggest failure moment in your life and what did you learn from it?
• What are the habits that you are trying to develop to stay efficient?
• What’s the best advice that you ever received?
• If you have the chance, what would you say to advice your younger self?
• What are your top 3 favorite books?
• What are the top 3 people that you are inspired by?
• What makes you really happy?
• How people can contact you?