Business Strategists and An Expert in Behavioral Design and The Psychology of Habits and The Author of Hooked
Business Strategists and An Expert in Behavioral Design and The Psychology of Habits, Nir Eyal is the Author of the Best-Selling Book Hooked and a frequent contributor for Forbes, TechCrunch, and Psychology Today
Nir Eyal distilled years of research, consulting and practical experience to write Hooked. He has taught at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and Hasso Plattner Institute of Design. His writing appears in the Harvard Business Review, The Atlantic, TechCrunch, and Psychology Today.
Nir blogs at NirAndFar.com
Hi, I’m Nir.
This blog is about the intersection of psychology, technology, and business. I call it “behavioral design.” The topic encompasses user experience, behavioral economics, and a dash of neuroscience.
I write for TechCrunch, Forbes, Psychology Today, and am a frequent speaker at industry conferences and Fortune 500 companies. I’m the author of Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products and I have Lectured at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and Design School and have sold two technology companies since 2003.
For most of my career I’ve worked in the video gaming and advertising industries where I learned, applied, and at times rejected, the techniques used to motivate and manipulate users. I write to help companies create behaviors that benefit their users, while educating people on how to build healthful habits in their own lives.
Although I received most of my education earning an advanced degree from the The School of Hard Knocks, I also received an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Website Social Media links
- Why you decided to be an author and what’s your background before that?
- How did you come to the united states and why you felt different?
- What are some of the businesses that you have built in the past and what’s currently in the pipeline?
- Tell us about your startups Adnectar and Sunshine Business Development and how did you manage to sell it?
- Why you decided to study habits?
- HOW DO SUCCESSFUL COMPANIES CREATE PRODUCTS PEOPLE CAN’T PUT DOWN?
- How the process of building habits works?
- How to develop good habits?
- How to quit bad habits?
- What’s The Psychology Behind Why We Can’t Stop Messaging?
- What are the Ways To Get People To Do Things They Don’t Want To Do?
- What’s the power of No?
- What’s The Number One Reason Good Habits Don’t Last and how to make them last longer?
- How to Use Psychology to Regain Control over emails?
- Which softwares do you use to form habits or block noise?
- Where do you see the web going based on the people habits?
- What are the strange habits of silicon valley?
- How do you write and structure your books efficiently?
- Publishing or self-publishing?
- Tell us more about your other projects that you are currently working on or planning for the future?
- Share with us some of the tools or software that make you more efficient?
- What’s your daily life and work routine looks like?
- Which company, product or service made you most of your money?
- What’s one marketing strategy that helped you the most in developing your business?
- What are your other hobbies?
- Who are your top 3 mentors?
- What’s the biggest failure moment in your life and what did you learn from it?
- What are the Top 3 apps that you use on your smart phone?
- What are the habits that you are trying to develop to stay efficient?
- What do you do to change your mood when you are depressed?
- What’s the best advice that you ever received?
- If you have the chance, what would you say to advice your younger self?
- What are your top 3 favorite books?
- Do you listen to any music when you work?
- What makes you really happy?
- Is there’s any other question that I didn’t ask you and you wanted to talk about?
- How people can contact you?